So you’ve embedded Zipcan in your website or app, and want to connect it to Acuity Scheduling by Squarespace. Once connected, your booked meetings will automatically take place on your website using Zipcan video chat. Follow these steps to get started.
You will need:
The Acuity Scheduling add on in your Squarespace account.
A page within your app or website with Zipcan embedded. Click here to learn about embedding.
1. Configure your Zipcan admin to use Waiting Room if you want to allow every user into the room. If you want the scheduled call to be open, anyone can join without host approval, you can leave Waiting Room off.
2. Copy the link on your website or app where you have embedded Zipcan
3. In Acuity Scheduling, click on Availability in the menu on the left.
4. To add your website with Zipcan click on Calendar settings on the right side of your screen.
5. In the location field on the right, paste the link from your website or app where you have Zipcan embedded. Note that you may have to click add new location to paste the link in the first time. Make any other edits, then click save changes in the lower left.
6. Your calendar invite will automatically include the link to your website with video chat in both the location field and the body of the email. At the time of your meeting both you and your attendee will be connected on your embedded instance of Zipcan.
Tip: Acuity Scheduling has so many other great features and options. For example, you could require payment for booking time with you. Add this calendar to your website and your customers can book paid time with you, then chat directly with you on your website!